AASAT Courses Descriptions
Our AASAT Courses allow you to earn continuing education units (CEUs) by using our remote, self-paced online training program.
Sexual Recovery Training
The AASAT Sex Addiction Training DVD Set contains 48 hours of sex addiction training and is comprehensive, academic, clinical and practical.
This the core training for counselors, therapists and coaches to become certified in the field of sexual addiction recovery.
In this DVD training series, you will learn academic, clinical and practical counseling applications which identify and treat sexual addiction. Academically – you will be exposed to research from the top authors in the field of sexual addiction. Clinically – you will be exposed to both theoretical and the technique aspects of treating sex addicts and their partners.
- The Six Types of Sex Addicts
- Neurological Understanding
- Sex and Recovery
- Relapse Strategies
- Partners Recovery
- Intimacy/Sexual Anorexia
- Behavior Treatment Plans for each type
- Case Assessment
- Comorbidity Issues
- Adult Children of Sexual Addicts
This training was designed for the clinician, the student, and anyone who wants to grow in their knowledge of sexual addiction recovery. Completing this program improves your ability to help those who are impacted by and struggle with sexual addiction.
Partners Recovery Training
The AASAT Partners Recovery Training DVD Set provides over 39 hours of video-based training to help partners of sex addicts recover.
It includes a workbook and DVDs, and you will be exposed to academic, clinical and practical applications to identify and treat issues pertaining to partners of sexual addicts.
Academically – you will be exposed to research from the top authors in the field of sexual addiction. Clinically – you will receive both theoretical and practical technique aspects for treating partners of sex addicts. Newly added in October 2019, a training DVD on the meaning of divorce.
We have also added training DVDs for Partner Betrayal Trauma. Dr. Weiss covers Partner Betrayal Trauma Statistics, how to do an intake with a client or couple where Partner Betrayal is an issue, the measures used in Partner Betrayal Trauma research, and treatment using Trauma Reset.
Topics related to treating partners that are covered in this training include:
- Partner Model
- Partner Grief
- Partners as Intimacy Anorexics
- Reactive Intimacy Anorexia
- Partner Worthlessness
- Polygraph Questions
- Sex in Recovery
Intimacy Anorexia Recovery Training
The AASAT Intimacy Anorexia Training DVD Set helps you understand treatments for intimacy anorexia and how to help partners of anorexics.
Intimacy anorexia is one of the fastest growing issues facing counselors and the recovering community today. Intimacy anorexia is the emotional, spiritual and sexual withholding from a spouse. This DVD training series is the first and most in depth information and practical techniques to facilitate intimacy anorexia recovery.
This training features topics including:
- Identify Intimacy Anorexia
- Identify Causes of Intimacy Anorexia
- Assess for Intimacy Anorexia and Comorbid Issues
- Validate the pain of the spouse of an Intimacy Anorexic
- Create a personal plan for Intimacy Anorexia recovery
- Create a marital plan for Intimacy Anorexia recoveryThis training is the foundational building block for those seeking to get certified to treat intimacy anorexia. Couples struggling with this condition are showing up in clinical offices every day. This training is your first step in knowing what to do when an intimacy anorexic shows up in your office. You can be a leader in this field in your local area, restoring marriages from the impact of intimacy anorexia.